Gardner Builders – Minneapolis, MN
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions but does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. They may be subject to change at any time for reasonable accommodation or any other reason.
Gardner Builders requires an experienced Superintendent to manage the following job site operations for commercial construction projects:
– Managing field employees, including foremen, carpenters, and laborers and trade partners to ensure work complies with owner expectations and plan specifications
– Participating in bidding process, assisting with development of timeline according to project scope and pricing and attending proposal presentations as needed
– Coordinating all job site operations: oversight of schedules, cleanliness, and organization, positive relationships with trade and design partners.
– Creating and distributing daily progress updates
– Understanding project scope through continual communication with project manager; rendering design information to each trade
– Ensuring adherence to job site safety procedures and occasionally leading “Toolbox Talk” information sessions for field staff
– Managing shop supplies and construction material distribution
– Maintaining project schedule and mobilizing all trades for timely and quality completion, which may encompass availability on nights, weekends, and holidays as required by project
– Supervising punch list and assuming responsibility to solve site issues
We exist to engage, inspire, learn and have fun.
Our core values are:
Maintaining positive and transparent relationships with owners and trade and design partners.
Assuming responsibility on the job site for any issues that could arise, handling in a timely fashion with warmth and professionalism
Finishing projects as strongly as they’re started
Mentoring project engineers and assistants and maintaining solid relationships with field employees
Maintaining a proactive vs. reactive attitude and work ethic
Working closely with project team and other departments to make sure clients’ needs are consistently met, never at the expense of the trade or design partners.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
Basic understanding of general contracting and the life cycle of a project. In the areas of commercial tenant improvement and commercial ground up construction.
Ability to manage several tasks at once and exercise independent judgment related to job site operations.
Solid written and verbal communication skills
Skill in the use of technology and software.
Ability to effectively present information in oral, written, and graphic form.
Demonstrated skills in organizing and evaluating information and proactively finding solutions for construction projects.
Ability to read architectural plans and specifications.
Able to work in a team environment.
Dynamic, entrepreneurial, disciplined and organized personality.
Experience and Education
Minimum 5-7 of working experience as a Superintendent. Degree from an accredited four-year college or university or related experience. LEED accreditation preferred.
The employee must be able to utilize a computer to perform data entry, word processing, and spreadsheet operations. The employee must be able to communicate effectively with management, staff, and outside entities. The employee will be required to safely walk, stand, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, see and hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions at job sites, including wet and/or humid conditions, cold, and heat. For renovation work, hazardous material or conditions may be present in the existing building. The noise level at these sites may be unusually loud at times. Job sites are typically dusty.
No recruiters, please.
Job Type: Full-time
Downtown Minneapolis, MN
Construction: 4 years
Commercial Construction Superintendent: 4 years
Construction Superintendent: 4 years
Required licenses or certifications: