Employee Experience Coordinator
Gardner Builders – downtown Minneapolis, MN
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Gardner Builders is seeking to welcome a dynamic member to our team who can lead our Human Resource efforts with empathy, care, energy and a desire to create an environment that supports our mission statement, which is, to create a place where our employees are challenged, valued, inspired, and love to work. This is the first formal role of its kind for Gardner Builders, and we would work side by side with the ideal candidate to define the day-to-day responsibilities and key projects that will enhance our employee experience.
Some of these duties will include:
- Champion our internal and external cultural practices alongside the team, emphasizing the responsibility of each employee to participate in and promote our culture.
- Foster an environment where our employees feel we are one of the “best places to work.”
- Fully embrace the vision and values of Gardner Builders.
- Act as a non-legal HR representative.
- Manage our health and wellness program.
- Manage and conduct Employee Benefits and Payroll, including the separate requirements for Union Payroll and Benefits.
- Prepare Certified Payroll reports
- Procure and oversee our medical/dental/vision/LTD plans and conduct annual roll-out with the guidance of your direct report.
- Employee recruiting, including the management of job postings, initial interviews, vetting of candidates and test-fit/ Gardner trial day coordination.
- Enhance the onboarding experience for each employee including onboarding curriculum. Issue apparel, parking and access cards accordingly.
- Oversee offboarding procedure including conducting exit interviews.
- Engage and teach new and existing teammates about our vision and goals, documented and known internally as Vision Traction Organizer (VTO).
- Lead our efforts in community relations and outreach.
- Facilitate communication between leadership and the team, emphasizing clarity, equality, and a ‘we’re all in this together’ approach.
- Confidently and respectfully engage in honest, transparent and direct conversations with each member of the team, encouraging outcomes that help the company grow as a team.
- Work with marketing team in regard to internal communication/monthly newsletters and employee portal.
- Work with marketing to lead and develop the giving of birthday and anniversary gifts to each employee.
- Keep a pulse on company morale.
- Determine and schedule company fun for all three offices and multiple job description layers including office, superintendents and field staff.
- Schedule and coordinate company holiday party, mid-year event(s) and internal town halls/forums.
- Enhance employee retention.
- Continue to help the leadership follow through with our goal to help create custom career paths for employees.
- Regularly meet with employees individually to gather feedback and report to the team.
- Attend and maintain relationships with higher education facilities.
- Oversee a mutually beneficial internship program at Gardner Builders.
- Help GB carry out our 2021 vision to create a youth outreach program to promote the trades and the construction industry.
- Continue improvement in workforce diversity.
We exist to engage, inspire, learn and have fun.
Our core values are:
- Hospitality in all that we do
- Respect and team approach in communications with partners
- Community involvement
- Maintaining positive and transparent relationships
- Maintaining a proactive vs. reactive attitude and work ethic
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Ability to manage several tasks at once and exercise independent judgment related to daily administration of tasks.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to relay information with clarity and positivity.
- Skill in the use of computer software including word processing, spreadsheets, and project scheduling applications.
- Demonstrated skills in organizing and evaluating information and proactively finding solutions.
- Proficient with Mac, ios, iPad, MS Project and other MS Office applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial, disciplined and organized personality.
Experience and Education
Minimum 2-5 years of working experience as an HR coordinator in a similar position. Degree from an accredited four-year college or university with knowledge in HR practices.
The employee must be able to utilize a computer to perform data entry, word processing, and spreadsheet operations. The employee must be able to communicate effectively with management, staff, and outside entities. The employee will be required to safely walk, stand, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, see and hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions at job sites, including wet and/or humid conditions, cold, and heat. For renovation work, hazardous material or conditions may be present in the existing building. The noise level at these sites may be unusually loud at times. Job sites may be dusty.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Based in Minneapolis, MN with occasional travel to our offices currently in Duluth and Milwaukee
Required Education: Bachelor’s
Required Experience: 2-5 years