Construction Project Engineer
Gardner Builders – Minneapolis, MN
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions but does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. They may be subject to change at any time for reasonable accommodation or any other reason.
Gardner Builders requires a dynamic Project Engineer to direct the daily operations of construction projects through:
Initiating business development:
- Cultivating project leads by developing professional relationships with owner and design communities
- Working with selected team on proposals and presentations, identifying special requirements and providing constructability reviews
- Leading or assisting in the bidding process and creating pre-construction schedule for design, permit, and budgeting
- Developing trade partner bid list and overseeing project team members through the entirety of the estimating phase
- Participating in proposal presentations, representing Gardner’s vision, mission, and experience
- We exist to engage, inspire, learn and have fun
- Our core values are:
- Hospitality in all that we do
- Respect and team approach in communications with trade and design partners
- Maintaining positive relationships with owners, trade partners and design partners
- Assuming responsibility for any issues that could arise, handling in a timely fashion with warmth and professionalism
- Finishing projects as strongly as they’re started
- Mentoring project engineers and managers and maintaining solid relationships with field employees.
- Maintaining a proactive vs. reactive attitude and work ethic
- Working closely with project team and other departments to make sure clients’ needs are consistently met, never at the expense of the trade or design partner
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Basic understanding of general contracting and the life cycle of a
- Ability to manage several tasks at once and exercise independent
judgment related to daily administration of projects
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to relay
highly detailed information between project managers, subcontractors,
- Ability to effectively present information in oral, written, and graphic
- Ability to facilitate weekly project meetings as needed
- Demonstrated skills in organizing and evaluating information and
proactively finding solutions for construction projects
- Ability to read architectural plans and specifications, but not required
- Proficient with Mac, ios, iPad, MS Project, Procore and other MS Office applications
- Strong technical writing, and interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial, disciplined and organized personality.
Experience and Education
Minimum 2-5 years of working experience as a project administrator in
a similar position, preferably in general contracting. Degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
The employee must be able to utilize a computer to perform data
entry, word processing, and spreadsheet operations. Employee must
be able to communicate effectively with management, staff, and
outside entities. The employee will be required to safely walk, stand,
reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch,
crawl, see and hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed
to outside weather conditions at job sites, including wet and/or humid conditions, cold, and heat. For renovation work, hazardous material or conditions may be present in the existing building. The noise level at these sites may be unusually loud at times. Job sites may be dusty.
Job Type: Full-time
- Minimum 1-2 years of working experience as a project assistant or in a similar position, preferably in general contracting. Degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in construction management, engineering, or a related field. LEED accreditation preferred.