Gardner Builders requires a dynamic Project Coordinator to assist in the daily operations of construction projects from conception through the project life cycle.
Responsibilities are as follows:
Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Providing quality assistance to multiple Project Managers
- Communicating with the Cities, obtaining building permits, and submitting for SAC review
- Issue Trade Partner agreements and secure insurance certificates
- Distribute updated drawings to the team
- Managing/monitoring the submittal routing process and developing the procurement log
- Quickly and professionally resolve issues that may arise with the project on the jobsite or in the office
- Owning all administrative aspects of the job, consistently communicating with all team members
- Implementing project closeout checklist and managing collection of Operations and Maintenance manuals for all jobs
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Basic understanding of general contracting and the life cycle of a project.
- Ability to manage several tasks at once and exercise independent judgment related to daily administration of projects.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to relay highly detailed information between project managers, trade partners, and design partners.
- Ability to effectively present information in oral, written, and graphic form.
- Ability to facilitate weekly project meetings as needed.
- Demonstrated skills in organizing and evaluating information and proactively finding solutions for construction projects.
- Ability to read architectural plans and specifications, but not required. Proficient with Apple devices, Microsoft Office products, Procore online project management software, general office equipment, and keyboarding.
- Strong technical writing and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work in an open-office collaborative team environment.
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial, disciplined, positive, and organized personality.
Experience and Education
Minimum 1- 5 years of working experience as a project coordinator in a similar position, preferably in general contracting. Degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
We exist to engage, inspire, learn, and have fun.
Our core values are:
- Hospitality in all that we do
- Respect and team approach in communications with trade and design partners
- Maintaining positive relationships with owners, trade and design partners
- Assuming responsibility for any issues that could arise, in a timely fashion with warmth and professionalism
- Finishing projects as strongly as they are started.
- Maintaining a proactive vs. reactive attitude and work ethic
- Working closely with project team and other departments to ensure clients’ needs are consistently met, never at the expense of the trade or design partner
The employee must be able to utilize a computer to perform data entry, word processing, and spreadsheet operations. Employee must be able to communicate effectively with management, staff, and outside entities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions at job sites, including wet and/or humid conditions, cold, and heat. For renovation work, hazardous material or conditions may be present in the existing building. The noise level at these sites may be unusually loud at times. Job sites may be dusty.